I can't believe how much I'm playing to this! Any plan on adding game stats? On top of this it would be nice if there would be an option to "autofinish" a game that is already set to end but all there's left to do is move down all the remaining stack. Thank you very much for your effort!
A downloadable game
A collection of solitaire games built for the Playdate.
Choose from 3 games:
- Klondike- the classic. Stack alternating color cards in piles, uncover all the flipped cards, and sort them into their suits.
- Spiderette- A one-deck spider solitaire variation for smaller screens. Uncover and sort as much as you can before having to reveal the next wave of cards.
- Yukon- carefully jockey unordered stacks of cards by moving them into ordered piles.
Built for the Playdate
- Built using the Playdate SDK
- Original graphics and fonts designed specifically for the hardware
- Grab multiple cards by pressing A multiple times, or grab a whole handful by holding the A button.
- Tidy up the board by using the crank to move cards into their top piles!
- A Button
- Menu Select
- Add card to hand
- Deposit cards in a pile
- Hold to pick up many cards
- B Button
- Menu Back
- Cancel current action
- Hold to undo moves during gameplay
- Crank (not required to play the game)
- Automatically move cards from piles into the winning foundations
- Pick up and put down cards in a pile
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Love the way the crank is incorporated. Reminds me in a nostalgic way of solitaire on my old dumb phone. One of the things I've got the most time out of on playdate atm.
I wouldn’t have expected the crank to add much value to Solitaire but it’s very satisfying to use the crank to auto-complete the game once all the cards are revealed. Well done!
Quickly realizing this will be my favorite play date evergreen game! Hehe. Came back to give you some money :)
This is the game I'm playing the most on my Playdate! A lovely little solitaire game...
Only thing that would make it better is if the developer wanted to add FreeCell ;P
Nice polished game, I like what you did with the backgrounds. The only thing missing is saving my progress when returning to the home screen.
You need to tag the game (tag it's for windows,mac or linux in the settings) so the itch.io game client can install the game. Otherwise many people can't play it.
Does the itch.io client work with the Playdate console? This game only runs on the console hardware.
Been really enjoying this game! Turning the crank to send all the cards to their respective piles at the end of a game feels so satisfying.
I've been curious though, is there a way to trigger the different Klondike win animations? I really like the cascading effect but have only seemed to get it a couple times
Hi, holding down A to pick up a card pile sometimes reveals cards in the stack that haven't been revealed and can't actually be picked up yet. I think this happens when the cards in question coincidentally are alternating colors off of the highest revealed card, but I am not sure. Hope this helps!
Thank you for the bug report! I’m working on a fix and will be publishing it in the next couple days.
I've noticed this too, mostly when it's a covered card that you would be able to place the top uncovered card on. Like just playing a minute ago, I had a stack up to a black Queen card with the stack of covered cards underneath, and when I would hold to pick up that column, it would reveal a red King and move it off of that stack. Placing them in another location will leave the card hidden until it is uncovered normally.
That's great! One other bit of feedback - I think the timing for picking up the full stack of cards by holding A could be sped up a good bit. The Playdate's buttons are snappy enough, I think most people are going to be able to single-click for a single card without this causing any problems.
This one is more of a value judgment than a bug report, so I won't be mad if you disagree and keep it the way it is, but I thought I'd throw in my 2c just in case!
right now I’m using the playdate default “A Button Held” timeout which is ~1 second. I agree it could be a bit shorter, I’ll just need to roll my own timer (as I do for the undo). I’ll look into it for an update!
Heads up that I’ve released v1.0.1 to address this specific bug.
Loving this so far! Just noticed that in Klondike you can use any card to fill a space and not just kings. Just helped me win a game through some cheating but I’m thinking probably not intentional.
Right now that’s intentional! I’m planning on adding an option for turning on/off the king rule but until that’s built I figured I’d err on the permissive side and let players restrict themselves for more of a challenge.
The sound effects are 😙👌
I'm enjoying this! Really simple and fun.
A couple things I noticed in Klondike:
- When you pick up an Ace from a foundation, you can't press A to put it back, you have to press B. Nothing huge, just a small thing.
- In most Klondike games I've played, when you're restarting the draw pile, it shows no cards drawn. I have a habit of hitting it twice, but here that makes me skip the first draw. Maybe make it optional? Or I could just get used to it. lol
Thanks for this nice addition to my library!